Descript

Hello friends, welcome to The Deranged World. This domain is primarily a personal introspection of thoughts, feelings and activities. Some of them are funny, some slightly emotional, some exceedingly intellectual, and others completely nonsensical in nature. But nevertheless, they all reflect a truthful element of myself then. In addition, you may check out the Project RN series located at 'Interchange'. Do leave a comment as an when you wish, I'll be more than glad to reply them.

03 July 2010

Take 2 of Mio, part 2

After so long! I guess this picture is finally completed- and I guess I have achieved what I wanted: T1.7 drawings have officially been confirmed as a staple.

Was it the best attempt insofar? Not exactly, in terms of magnitude or detailing. I had stated I did not want another Hirasawa-type picture, since I see no point trying to outdo myself under such stringent conditions. Yet I wanted to try new styles, and I wanted to liberate my T1.7's so that I don't have to rely too much on the original. Now, this is definitely the first 'liberated' picture- one that didn't have to look like an arbitrary pose in front of the camera. It was also the first picture I had shaded without any external reference material whatsoever.

So Mio came out of the wash, much different in essence from Yui. While the former prided itself in technical excellence and magnitude, the latter prided itself in intuitiveness and fluidity. Consequently, I decided to put the finished product under incandescent lighting instead of through the scanner to accentuate the natural lighting implied in the shading. The tones came out great.

The posted picture below is the INCOMPLETE version, where the ear and sleeve are not rendered. I have decided to add this to hopefully give an idea on how the picture would mean to me, as most of my time devoted to it is actually in the incomplete process of shading- The joy of seeing an impending product even in it's stages of imperfection. Yes, its advent that brings about the most joy to me. And the conviction for me to say: "I think this (completed) drawing may not be picture perfect, but it's the perfect end of my endeavors in turning it from no more than a few whimsical lines, to a solid picture deserving my own awe and respect.



Attributes:

Genre: Version 1.7 anime / manga character conversions.
Source material: Mio Akiyama; Sakurakou K-ON bu, K-ON! Listen!!
Other reference material: NIL
Dimensions: 20 : 30 cm half body portrait in perspective.
Idealism factor: 87.5% - Brief reference to general outline, otherwise independent.
Duration: Total 21 days: 1 day for general depiction, 4 active days- shading, 16 days break.
Comments: The most intuitive T1.7 depiction insofar. The shadings can be made more technical (via moderating with the Hirasawa pictures and referencing to guide-pictures) to bring about the full essence of T1.7 pictures. Of course, It may still seem a little posey, especially in comparison to side shots, faces looking down or up, or even back shots. But this is definitely a start. I'll edit the end product a little more until i'm satisfied with it.



No comments: