Our beloved time of the year has arrived again.
Well before we proceed any further, lets put better definition to the above statement. By the term 'our' I'm collectively pointing to the group of students. It doesnt really matter what level, or what institutions we come from, so as long as we understand the value of intensive studying two weeks before examination proper; that being the meaning of 'time'. A few comments on this period of time: it is unforgiving, it is punishing (on our psyches and well-being), but nevertheless it is beloved- since I would have most probably died if I were to have an examination without any preparation.
So it is: hours of studying superposed by more hours of procrastination and even more hours of worrying makes up 90% of the hours in a day. Occasionally the studying hours extend into sleep hours, and Mohr's circle (a very specialized engineering circle) suddenly incepts inself into a dream (can't remember the original contents) very insidiously. I woke up this morning remembering contents of social psych instead of the usual 'where am I again' question. Indeed, the monkey has gone funky.
Yes, it sucks. No student in the right mind pays thousands a semester to get their brains fried most delectably, but nevertheless I must stress once more that education is in itself a from of progress to the higher perfection. No, I am not tyring to psycho myself that sitting down nine hours a day is reading lecture notes is fun. Yet it is now adequately justified I guess- not because it gives us a better job or a future (that is really a bad reason people say), but because while it gives us all of the above, it simultaneously refines our knowledge of this world we live in, and of ourselves. The implications of this would be really philosophical and ends up in christian doctrines again I guess. After all, everything goes full circle to the big G like how Mr Mohr postulates it to be.
Okay, back to earth.
I'll be going for mass later at 6'at NUS with the CSS people. It's a weekday mass dedicated for the upcoming examinations, and while part of me laments that it would most probably take up a few hours of my revision time, some time has to be rededicated back to where it rightfully belongs (since everything does go in full circle to the big G). In the meantime, I guess its definitely another bout of revision for me. A really sincere 'good luck and God bless' to all those who are also revising for their upcoming examinations (be it 1, 2 or 3 weeks). This is brain-fried Jesse signing out from blogger.com. You guys take care =)
No comments:
Post a Comment