School's out, advent onsets.
A few subtle changes over the routine lifestyle and taken place since last friday. There will not be a need to return back to school, so much of the time during weekdays have been freed for personal agendas. These would come in form firstly as some ''reunion'' outings scheduled with friends, and I'll be looking forward to that. Secondly, an active lifestyle campaign, primarily to lose the academic flab- a congenial mugging by-product courtesy of NUS. Lastly, the re-assimilation of computer games is on the way, but curiously I am actually not that into gaming as I used to anymore.
Still, what else is on the way? The above activities are indeed cool, but they are not exactly something to do every day of the week. I cant go out everyday like this- not that I am putting limits to relationships, but I guess my pockets will be first to scream if i were to keep having scenic outings. Neither can I run or cycle forever, I myself will scream if I were to do that. And no hard-core gaming on lan shops please, both me and my pockets will scream this time.
Okay, so the moral of the story is no screaming.
Nevertheless, we have hit the crux of the problem. The moral of the story is that something else more meaningful (I am really using this term overtly) has to be in place to compliment the pleasure function that sensory-social-extraversion brings. After all, the two greatest needs of man is of love, and productive work. Nuahing is hard-core, and chilling's hot. But whats really cool this christmas is either a dose of hot-sultry love, or some heartwarming activities to keep the soul (the seat of conviction) open.
... How ironic. And by the way, forget the hot sultry love part yah? Treat is as if there is only option #02.
I guess this advent calls for another period of advent. Well, anticipation and preparation would be more specific a word. There are still quite a lot of personal decisions waiting to be sorted out that were put off for the past 13 weeks. The projects to undertake in the future (collaboration? outsource?), the academic-career vocation discernments i.e. job prospects/ financial planning, as well as the religious counterpart during the CSS retreat come 9-11th December. Lastly, I really need to get out of my head the in-grained stereotypes between INFJs and INFPs (all thanks to psychology). I know this sounds like 'what-the-hell' to many people, and no offence to anyone who is innately INFP/J. I have to stop binging to mind the pink-elephant for now, so yup I'll only rant about it in the shower, or at least when people ask me about it.
Oh yah, not to mention a Taiwan Trip as some sort of zen retreat.
Well then, I guess this amount of forecasting should do for now. To those we're meeting: till then. To those I havent planned meeting, hopefully till then. Otherwise, have an advently advent, dawn is approaching.
Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment