Descript

Hello friends, welcome to The Deranged World. This domain is primarily a personal introspection of thoughts, feelings and activities. Some of them are funny, some slightly emotional, some exceedingly intellectual, and others completely nonsensical in nature. But nevertheless, they all reflect a truthful element of myself then. In addition, you may check out the Project RN series located at 'Interchange'. Do leave a comment as an when you wish, I'll be more than glad to reply them.

20 May 2010

And Mio killed the witch

On many many levels.... there is the L4D2 version, and it was really an epic story on its own. On rare occasions in might involve lesbianism, quite a lot of shrieking, and definitely lots of bloody play... but then-

OKAY OKAY Jesse, its another story on its own...

Today we will be revisitng a much more toned-down version. Mio in this case would not be a chainsaw wielding fanatic, but a pencil portrait on a piece of A4 paper. She would be the 5th attempt into drawing proper, and personally she is the biggest achievement (insofar) within this domain of art.

Akiyama Mio is technically a 17 year old female with a very curious personality. Left handed and shy in nature, it is paradoxical that she somehow finds herself in the centerstage of events. On the other hand, she is technically a rational and matured person, but on occasions may go to the other extreme to become a girly (moe) female who wins her way into the hearts of viewers. Moreover, she looks like a 12 year old in the anime. There was no moving pictures to show all of the above traits in succession, so all of them have to be integrated into one single picture-

It was naturally difficult. Firstly, Mio needed a girly pose, and she must look moe. Not forgetting the fact that she's most matured, on top that she is actually (quite a hot) 17 year old- that had to come out via her facial and body expression. On top of it all, she has this....... pose. I am terrible at perspectives, and I was sure I would get some sort of witch as an outcome by the end of the day. It's okay- a witch would make do too-  it would be a good demonstration alpha to all future portraits in perspectives.

Armed with an armada of rulers and complex calculations (including trigonometric formulae), a whole new set of measurments was conjured to ensure that she does not look out of proportion on the flipside. I thought the hair was easier to draw than the Hirasawa Genius, or at least easier than Azu-nyan- evidently the bangs were completely gravity defying in the reference picture, so I had to make do.

They say gravity never agreed with a woman's appearance- how true, how true.

Now that I am staring at her now- I have to admit that she looks..... attractive. Not exactly ideally perfect straight on (she afterall attempt #05, and I don't exactly learn very fast), but she definitely does have that allure (converted accordingly) that has captivated the hearts of many. The perspectives turned out pretty fine too, and although I have that innate conscience telling me to forsake mathematical calculations and rely straight on intuition. I guess the truth of art lies somewhere in between these two.... nope, no golden ratio yet- she's not that real either. But one thing- she definitely did not turn out to be a witch.

And thats how Mio killed the witch. LOL

Next on the list would be Ritsu- an energetic, sassy character with a really big heart and a personality that contrasts completely with Mio-chan. Hopefully she would be easier to draw (since her hair is much shorter) this time; lessons in art is fun, but the Doki-Doki effect everytime I pick up the pencil isn't exactly what I would like to classify as... ummmm-

Nevermind- just BRING IT ON!!! =D

Attributes:
Genre: Version 1.7 (yes we have upgraded once more) anime/manga conversions
Source Material:  Mio Akiyama, Sukarakou K-ON Bu, K-ON!! Listen!!
Dimensions: 20 : 14 cm bust portrait
Idealism factor: 75%
Duration: 5.5 hours (took a nap in between because too tired)
Attempts: 5th attempt, 1st attempt on perspective
Comments: Stop shading with a mechanical pencil, Jesse! The shading could be more realistic if a soft 4B pencil was used instead.  The mouth may be slight off from the mathematically calculated position, but it was the best of my ability for now. Nose is getting better, but can still be improved. Looks a little bit slutty, but hey- its at least she looks her age.

No comments: