Descript

Hello friends, welcome to The Deranged World. This domain is primarily a personal introspection of thoughts, feelings and activities. Some of them are funny, some slightly emotional, some exceedingly intellectual, and others completely nonsensical in nature. But nevertheless, they all reflect a truthful element of myself then. In addition, you may check out the Project RN series located at 'Interchange'. Do leave a comment as an when you wish, I'll be more than glad to reply them.

30 January 2010

Awwww D shen

Okay, I was into another bout of domain expansion this week, and so I got acquainted with a new 'past-time'...

So in came aisasoft- and Audition.

Okay, don't scream don't scream. I am not psychedelic, I am not a big bad wolf trying to cheat the hearts of little girls and NO WAY am I turning efeminate. I was actually curious to find out what captivates the teenagers (the younger ones) of today- Apart from those steryotypical fast-paced first-person-shooters that would make any boy wet his pants; there is always the other end of the spectrum of games that would cater to the other face of humanity. Of course I had my share of those games earlier on (thats y I am still a dude thank you); so I guess this time it's more like going back and reviewing the other option in controlled circumstances.

Evidently its quite a simple game, but simple not that it was easy. The interface was towards a cute-lighthearted theme, and the gameplay revolves on a couple of arrow keys and the spacebar. Basically, the moral of the story was to complete your set of keys (that is shown to you) and tap the spacebar before the meter runs out: perfection if the tap was exactly in line to the background beat, miss when miss butterfingers come in and mess up the whole show (no puns intended). An NRIC was needed to sign up for an account- okay, says Jesse: options- 21 yrs, male.....

and then: ← ↑ ↓ → ↑ ↓ →  "space"

Well, it felt like playing piano. That was the only thing I felt throughout, although I was partially taken by the new-age music (recall: I collect grandfather songs); the people online were little kids- I could nearly smell that out judging by the way they speak, and they actually think that I am some 13 yr old girl who registered with her brother's account. Honesty evidently dosent pay online, and those kids just won't get the idea that I am here on administrative purposes to see the other side of life. Well, on the flipside, those that did were a little more brazen- there was this one that actually wanted a date.

"Honey, u dun wanna know who I am- yup, enjoy; but rmb to also study hard k? Dun be sad, there are lots of ppl out there who like you....juz tt u dun know it yet..." she thought I was psycho I guess, hopefully that message sinks in 5 years later....

and right..... all the desperate guys- how can I not know better??? 

So there it was- and D.I.A.M. broke down two days later, so there went the game. Well, whats the moral of the story then?

Alot- but for now: Dunno. Dun care. Next.

No comments: