I had a rather short but meaningful talk with my english tutor on monday. We were supposed to be conferencing about my second wrtiting assignment, but i guess the both of us just didn't want to talk about it.
"Do you read Bertrand Russell?" Sweet beans, I have been hoping someone would ask me this question for ages! "How do you think of his writings?" You serious about knowing? Finally someone else! "How do you think it compares to the teachings of Christ?" OMFG, that moderation between philosophy and theology! "I am glad that young people are thinking about such issues too, not many people in Singapore want to think as such" YOU BET, PROF!!!!
Then the conversation moved on to quotes of other poeple: "Its better to give up what you cannot keep, to gain what you cannot lose." vs. "What good is it for you to gain the whole world but lose your own self?".Project RN was implied throighout the whole conversation, the file lay innocently on the table, the supposedly investigated essay got stuck somewhere in it.
Finally, we still had to look through it. Okay, elaboration is cool, but for academic essays its still not the time to do so, but when it comes to masters thesis.... Master's Thesis?? I dun know if I can go that far man.....
"After all, life is a balance of elaborating what you wish to say to an infinity and what the poeple around you might want to hear. So there ought to be a balance in elaboration and summary"
Nostalgic. 15 mins up, nice talking to you again, meet up for coffee next week? cool. COOL.
That's it, if some circa 19-21 year old dudette is gonna talk like that to me, I am so going to marry her for life.
Quickly Grow up, dudettes. LOL to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment