...I have came to understand much today:
I had watched loved ones age and die. Seen places that used to be familiar change completely.
I looked on as people repeat the same mistakes over and over again; Never learning from the past.
I have seen evil in the face, manifested in the actions and thoughts of man.
All this pains me greatly, I do wish to change the world then, with what I learned.
But I know that all is fruitless:
A vanity, and no more than an empty pride of humanity.
I am just a small speck in a grand scheme of things.
A creation, rather than a creator.
But yet if this truth incapacitates me, it still relieves me.
That I do not have to burden of the world upon me- and I am free to live as an individual.
That there is still a myriad of beautiful unique things I have yet to experience and learn:
Another aspect of truth I could not have understood previously-
of the beauty of creation, of love, and of individuality.
Of course my personal wish of idealism will never cease-
But much as I would to create a better world for humanity I must respect the essence of individuality and freedom.
To not impose my subjective objectivity upon this world of objective subjectivity.
But to accept and appreciate my role as a human, even should I wield authority in the future.
I can only carry on appreciating this grand system I partake of-
And use my knowledge for the restoration and union of this system.
To retain yet to improve, to remain free and yet to unite.
Though my understanding may never be complete,
Indeed- I have come to understand much today....
No comments:
Post a Comment