Indeed, it's been long since I have voiced my personal mind in this domain. I do not intend to commercialize this domain, and neither do I want to reserve it to an incomprehensible jumble of emotions. As much as I wish to throw in the developments of my projects and agendas, there is always still room for personal updates and affirmations.
So whats cooking- frankly speaking, there is quite a little bit going on. I do not have an accurate breakdown of eras, periods, and moments for now; but on this day- a day in this 7th Age of self enlightenment, I guess I have been in union with my ideals. They remain dormant for now, so there will be no explicit research in the RN domain for the time being.
But even as I would like to sit back and convince myself that nothing much as changed since March, it is nevertheless undeniable that much has happened along the way since the last upheaval. From May, drawing and CSS activities had formed two additional domains for expansion. Multiple portraits had been created since then, along with frequent interactions with CSS members. Other events that had taken place were the acquisition of critique skills, the reproduction of true Manga, a deeper introspection to the world of otaku-fetishism, and of course, the independent planning of a trip to Japan.
Maybe it's about time to start wondering if I am relegating back into a common otaku, after 20 months of exposure, two prior trips to Japan, a couple of hardcore acquaintances, and countless plunges to try to understand what is exactly so captivating about a series of illustrations that could be very easily replaced by any other drawing. I have tried following series, tried being enthusiastic, and of course sampled albums upon albums of their songs (some of which were quite good). The tast of Kobe beef still lies at the tip of my tongue, and the greatest legend: of the formation of project RN, was still relegated to that flight from Nagoya.
Maybe not, I may be closely affiliated with the Japanese culture, and in the future there will still be an intermittent crossing of paths between these two domains. However no matter how far I may plunge into this world of Manga and Animation, there will always be a higher restoring force, from the RN domain, to transit me back to my original state of mind. After-all, it is impossible to hold an extreme viewpoint by now. And strictly speaking an Otaku is in essence a hardcore-extremist.
So then, what have I been during these few months? A more subtle manifestation of the primary RN domain, creeping into all the other sub-domains. A simple yet determined attempt to harmonize my ideals (already in harmony with my religion) with others (hopefully the one) via the Uni/CSS domain. A deeper understanding of the forces of the Manga/Anime domain, so that I may integrate this with my narrative domain (formed back in 2000), as well as my domain in drawing, to compose beautiful productions in my spare time. In the meantime, a strengthening of independence in character, rationality and values; so that I may be a better person with greater care, concern and maturity.
This trip to Japan (my third) would be a very good training ground for the manifestation of these values- especially independence: notably, independence is never a selfish desire to work alone, but rather a capability to work in collaboration with others. Of course this would bring a greater integration with the Japanese culture and the Manga/Anime domain- this time we will not be visiting particular hotspots- a simple countryside trip, to understand the other part of the Japanese culture rarely hyped in media; so that my views may not be warped or one-dimensional. These remain secondary for now I guess, hopefully they will come due December 15, I am really looking forward to it.
What lies beyond school then in the meantime? A simple integration~ okay maybe not so technical.... I'll socialize (its about time to step out of my IM shell and head back to reality), hopefully forge meaningful relationships with people along the way, and at the same time re-affirm my ideals with that of my religion. I do not have specific agendas to seek a particular romance for the time being, nor do I have agendas on specific commitments which may require my undivided attention. I'll take whatever that comes by, in the trust of the higher divine plan.
Yes, there is a time for everything~ And much as I hope, let thy, not my will be done.
Yesterday, the understanding of the forces to the formation of an objective identity. Today- the beginning of a integration of domains into one united self. Tomorrow- union.
No comments:
Post a Comment