Below is an excerpt of a scene in both PWNMV2.56 and PW2NMV3.14. The first is written in the year 2004, and it's the last complete scene salvaged that is still on pen and paper- (all the other scenes beyond this would be within my mind as their manuscripts had been sadly lost in transition). The second is still the same scene, but it has been re-written considerably. I will not judge which of the two is better, but do note the similarities and differences of both styles- and ultimately, do enjoy the two different excerpts that had been always, once one.
PWNMV2.56
Why did she do that to me? Why did she take away my Ian?
She knew better than anybody then that that could happen to anybody. Sixteen, flirtatious and very outgoing, Elle had knew at least two years before the all other girls at CHIJ St Teresa’s Convent that she shouldn’t have ever introduced them together in the first place. Ian was a looker- pretty eyes, a sharp nose and a shapely jaw giving way to a muscular body well toned by those countless hours under the sun during track and field trainings… and she had always boasted to the fact that they had been the best of friends ever since primary school. Ian her pride, her source of happiness and comfort at times when she was down, her soul-mate since childhood, her steady…
I’m so sorry… I didn’t really expect you to…
Shut up, Kim… you very well knew what you’ve done…
Then there was Kimberly. Fifteen and still very much innocent then, roughly nine months younger than she was, and definitely not the type that would be flirting around loosely with boys down Orchard Road, or risking pregnancy down some deserted alley or room- Small sized, processing a rather likeable character and classmates for three years running- never once did she ever felt that Kim would pose a threat towards her desire for Ian…
Why must it of all people be Kim?
She should have known than to ever do that. Those past experiences of her friends should have warned her more than adequately never to introduce new girl-friends to steadies… but Ian had always been so secure… so sensible… she never thought that he would ever leave her- matured and ready for relationships, for someone so innocent, so young, and so delicate…
Why must you take away my Ian? Why must you do this to me? Kim, you answer me!
She reviled that very November day… detesting it, and blaming it all on herself for making that fateful move of introducing them together; and ever since that very day when she finally learnt that they were together, she had hated Kim for betraying her… for taking away her best friend… for stealing away her very own Ian…
Why not you go pair up with Kim and help her find a present?… come on, Ian…stop acting so shocked; she won’t hurt you-
Can’t she tell that I like him? What the heck did I do to deserve this?
Silently watching at the side as her soul-mate steadily progressed up that relationship ladder with another foreign girl when he was only supposed to experienced it all with her only …, quietly taking in all the blame as her best friend began to take over her world and begin flirting in that very same way she once did with those lookers down Far East and Scotts…; those five months had seemed like five years itself- five years of intense torture, bitter pain, and regret-
Damn you, Kim…f to you and your bloody- I hate you…, I’ll get back my Ian, you’ll see to it… this time you won’t do anything…you just wait and see-
* * *
PW2NMV3.14
...
And… yes- regarding him. Did you actually think that we were just friends before you came along- Just merely tuition mates and no more? Did you think that I never once considered him, like what you are doing right now, as more than just another acquaintance? Did you actually think that I was such a sexless introverted freak just like you were?
I tell you, protagonistic-princess-paranoid. You are f*cking wrong.
Understand?
As I had said just now… I knew you for eight years, but I had already known him since he joined tuition class. Do you not understand how much he means to me? I practically grew up with him, and it was not you but me that had seen the growth and maturity as he had turned from that ignorant primary school boy when he first entered class to the him that you had grown to like today.
And if some f*ck shit like you can actually like him on first sight- have you ever spared your selfish mind a thought on what your friend of eight years would feel if you were to deny her loving him by taking him for yourself?
Eh? Never thought the consequence of your impulsiveness didn’t you? You thought stupid Elle was going to take that lying down along with her lahs lors hees hers and hums, right? You answer me, you just f*cking answer me…
I love him; do you know that, princess? A hundred times more than your superficial tepid attraction to him… and I can daresay he loves me back a thousand times more than the shit reaction he has been giving you. I know that he’ll never say no to me, because he has never said no till last week. You will not make him say no to me, understand princess. You do not f*cking make my boyfriend reject me for such a cheap slut like you yourself.
I tell you, protagonistic-princess-paranoid. You are f*cking wrong.
Understand?
As I had said just now… I knew you for eight years, but I had already known him since he joined tuition class. Do you not understand how much he means to me? I practically grew up with him, and it was not you but me that had seen the growth and maturity as he had turned from that ignorant primary school boy when he first entered class to the him that you had grown to like today.
And if some f*ck shit like you can actually like him on first sight- have you ever spared your selfish mind a thought on what your friend of eight years would feel if you were to deny her loving him by taking him for yourself?
Eh? Never thought the consequence of your impulsiveness didn’t you? You thought stupid Elle was going to take that lying down along with her lahs lors hees hers and hums, right? You answer me, you just f*cking answer me…
I love him; do you know that, princess? A hundred times more than your superficial tepid attraction to him… and I can daresay he loves me back a thousand times more than the shit reaction he has been giving you. I know that he’ll never say no to me, because he has never said no till last week. You will not make him say no to me, understand princess. You do not f*cking make my boyfriend reject me for such a cheap slut like you yourself.
...
No comments:
Post a Comment